Monday, March 5, 2012

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

This weekend my husband watched the DVD "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." It tracks the efforts of 3 people to improve their health by going on a juice fast. Monitored by their doctors, the results were astounding.

Besides weight loss, each person experienced significant improvements to their health and even were able to give up medications. One person in particular, Phil started at 400 lb. and whittled his body down to 225, I think. He began to exercise and ultimately his doctor agreed that his many medications became unnecessary.

Whether you try a juice fast for 7 to as many as 60 days or simply drink freshly made vegetable juices daily, you will experience lots of benefits.

The DVD reinvigorated me and I hope you will excuse me know as I go to the kitchen to make a concoction of: kale, cucumber, carrot, and beet juice. (I already have had carrot juice at lunch, which my dear husband made for me.)

Fresh is best because it has not been pasteurized and all the enzymes and nutrients have not been heated away.  If you don't have a juicer and are in the market for one, a "masticating" juicer is best, the kind that has teeth in it to pulverize as it extracts the juices.

I bought mine from www.hacres.com and after 6 years, it is still a workhorse. If you decide to get one from them, remember, I am your health minister and my # is FTP.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment