Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lunch To Live For

Yesterday a close friend made us lunch and it was suggested that my ooh's and aah's rivaled Meg Ryan's in "When Harry Met Sally". Remember the lunch scene?

Here's what she made:
  • grilled home grown vegetables, pre-tossed in olive oil - eggplant, squash, zucchini, brussel sprouts, sweet red peppers, portabello slices
  • a bed of small pieces of romaine lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers
We put the grilled veggies on the lettuce and then drizzled salad dressing over the top.
 I made my own dressing with olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice (with my bare hands:) and some dijon mustard. I whipped the ingredients with a fork until the consistency was thick and creamy. I fell in love with this dressing years ago when I roomed with a friend who learned to cook in Paris. (Thank you Marge, for all you taught me.)

This meal was so delicious and I had several helpings until I was stuffed.  What a gift for a friend to give a friend, a meal that nourished our bodies, senses and our hearts!




No comments:

Post a Comment