Tuesday, October 4, 2011

How Often Do You Get Sick?

Here's a hot topic: how often do you get sick? If it's two, three even four times a year, with colds, flu and a cough or ear infection, there is a good chance that your immune system is compromised and it needs a boost.

To boost your immune system, eliminate all sugar, white flour, caffeine, and alcohol from your diet. Then replace it with all natural foods, like maple syrup, dates, stevia, or agave. Replace the white flour with whole grains. Drink herbal beverages like mint tea or teecino. Trade alcohol for fresh juices you can make in your kitchen.

The second phase of the immune booster program is to replace animal protein with plant sourced protein, including sprouts you can grow yourself, beans and amino acids from a product called Barley Max.

Since I have adopted this program, I have resisted strep from my grandchildren, colds, and even a yeast infection. When I thought one was imminent, I added raw cranberries to my smoothie and to my coconut milk ice cream. Gone!




No comments:

Post a Comment