Thursday, December 29, 2011

What is a Blended Salad?

   A blended salad is a healthy plant based meal that you mix in a high powered blender.

   Why should anyone want to eat it ?
  
   That's easy. It's a fast, delicious way to get lots of greens without feeling like you are in a pasture grazing.

   I just made a lovely blended salad for lunch. Here is what I mixed:
  • one large organic collard leaf, cut up
  • a stalk of celery, cut up
  • about 9 organic grape tomatoes
  • several leaves or organic dark green lettuce
  • one organic carrot, chopped
  • 1/2 cup of organic canned garbanzo beans
  • about 5-6 tbsp. of Udo's oil (I dump instead of measuring)
  • about 3 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar
  • about 1 tbsp. pf Bragg's amino acids
  • 6 pitted Kalamata olives
I blended the ingredients together in my Blend Tech machine using the setting: Whole foods, sauces, dips.

Then I toasted a piece of sesame Ezekiel bread.

Leisurely, I ate my lunch loving the miz of flavors and knowing how good for me this salad was.

Try it, at least once, before you tell me I'm nuts:)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment