Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Prophet!

This morning my husband said to me, "You are like a prophet that no one listens to."
He was referring to the way that I eat. I have stuck to my plant based eating program for almost 2 years and flirted with it for 10 years and I am not sorry.

I am glad that I have no health issues. I just took my morning power walk to Whole Foods and back in the rain. That's hard core. I even impressed myself.

But so many have health issues that would go away if they changed what they ate. I know people with Crohn's disease, fibromyalgia, heart disease, kidney failure, arthritis, mysterious auto immune diseases,  cancer, joint replacements that don't remove joint inflammations, acne, diabetes and obesity. My heart aches for them knowing that if they would only consider changing their eating program, their conditions would improve, if not disappear outright.

What's a caring person to do? I can't yank their food out from under their noses. I don't bring the subject up at the dinner table. I don't shove books in their faces and I don't send them articles and jam their emails.

What do I do? I eat my food in front of them and enjoy it. I serve them food that is delicious and good for them when they are my guests at home. I pray for them a lot. And...I blog about it.

If you know anyone who has a health issue, please start to pray that they consider another way of eating and living. Pray hard. Pray a lot. Eat healthy food in restaurants and at home where they can see you. Exercise and enjoy your health. Enjoy it for all to see. You may be the only nutrition book they ever read.

If you dare, send them my way. And send them to: www.hacres.com

Life and health are only a click away.






No comments:

Post a Comment