Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Easy Stew

It's late; I took a nap after work, and now it's dinner time. Here's what I concocted!

I took a frozen hunk of rice pilaf which I had made a few months ago. Literally, I hacked at it with a big knife until half broke off. I began to heat it in some olive oil.

I added a drained can of navy beans, diced garlic, chopped onion and green pepper and about 1/4 cup of tomato paste. Then I added a half cup of water and steamed it for about 8 minutes.

For seasonings, I added sea salt, kelp, marjoram and oregano.

Twenty minutes later, it was gone. We gobbled it up and enjoyed every spoonful.

For dessert we each had a half cup of vanilla coconut yogurt. I added slices of a white peach to mine and my husband added some fresh raspberries to his.

That was dinner and I feel very full and satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment