Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday Lunch

I love my lunch.

First I took fresh watercress and cut the biggest part of the stems offs. Then I toasted a slice of Ezekiel bread. I them assembled and later devoured, my version of an English cress and cucumber sandwich.

Yesterday I spread garlic hummus on the bread. Today I used leftover Alfredo sauce from zucchini noodles (see an older post). It is made of Vegenaise and nutritional yeast.

I added some fresh pomegranate seeds to the hummus.

Then I folded the bread in half and chomped in ecstasy. So delicious!

Today I made a salad to follow up. First I put some organic field greens on the plate, then some cucumber, some tomato, some home sprouted mung bean sprouts, some grated fresh beets and a little sliced red onion. I drizzled this with some more of the Alfredo dressing. I used some of "Mary's Gone Crackers" to help push the food on my fork and then to crunch on with the salad.

After my salad, I ate a few Brazil nuts, a few walnuts (Yes, they could have been on the salad), and some carob spirolina for desert.

I love my lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment