Monday, November 21, 2011

"The Leading Causes of Death are Consensual"

That's a shocking title if I ever heard one. This is not original to me. I am quoting a report from Vital Smarts and "How to 10xYour Influence".

What does it mean, that we cause or hasten our own deaths?

I don't think it is referring to reckless driving, drug abuse, sexual misbehaviors and other addictions.

Unless you call over-eating and mindless eating an addiction.

I think the article is talking about how eating animal protein, unhealthy fats, sugar, dairy and artifically, and genetically modified foods cause cancer, MS, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinsons disease and the hundreds of autoimmune deficiency diseases that I can't spell, let alone pronouce.

Think about it. What you eat can make you sick and die or can heal you and help you live.

Picasso, the famous artist said, "Youth has no age." I have written before that I want to die at a very old age, in good health, still young. For me youth has no age and I want to become younger and younger until I have the innocence, purity and joy of a little child.

How about you? Would you rather take pills and have medical treatments and live for the days you have to see your doctors or eat in a healthy way?

I know people whose lives are simply appointment after appointment, treatment after treatment, pill after pill. They have to monitor their blood sugar, their blood pressure, their weight and many other vital signs daily.

What do I monitor daily? I monitor what the Lord is telling me. I monitor my body's energy levels. When I am feeling frisky, I work out more or walk with my husband or take a bike ride or just jump up and down and sing. I monitor my thoughts and my spending and try to exercise self-discipline. I monitor my pryaer life and try to be faithful to what I have pledged to pray for. I monitor my Bible reading and keep reading until I hear the Lord speaking His truth into my soul.

I don't want to live a life that "consensually" causes my death.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment