Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No Weight Gain on Thanksgiving - Whoa!

It's true, I didn't gain weight on Thanksgiving although I figure that if someone ate all that was offered, the meal would have been at least 3000 calories.

Why would a vegan cook and serve that kind of food to others? That is a story for a different blog that may never be written.

Suffice it to say that I ate:
  • cranberry salad - made with oranges, unsweetened coconut, fresh cranberries, walnuts and raw honey (all organic)
  • distilled water that had be re-mineralized
  • salad with organic greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, orange peppers and a dressing of veganaise, nutritional yeast and organic honey
  • steamed parsnips and carrots with olive oil and fresh herbs
  • a bowl of leftover veggie chili
  • coconut milk frozen dessert (aka fake ice cream) scooped with a melon baller in served in a Waterford crystal dessert dish
That's it.

I did not have the organic, herb roasted turkey, gravy, giblets, challah/veggie stuffing, cranberry relish made with port wine and sugar, green bean casserole with cream of mushroom soup and fried onion rings, sweet potato fluff, mashed white potatoes with milk and butter, crescent rolls, pumpkin pie and apple pie.

No, I was not on drugs, I sat at the table and conversed with others.

Miraculously I had a fresh infusion of love for me and my guests and I did not focus on what I didn't eat. I just focused on others and what I was eating, and I made it through victoriously.

Thank you God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment