Friday, January 6, 2012

How Much Should I Eat?

   I am responding to a comment that portion sizes are not usually listed in vegan recipes.

   Here's the good news. When eating a plant diet, rarely do you need to watch portion sizes. I don't know anyone who ever got fat on vegetables:)

   Use common sense. One or two slices of bread are more than enough. One small potatoe or half a jubo sweet potato would be enough for me. don't eat a whole bag of Tostitos or 6 vegan cookies. When making a raw sweet potato pie or avocado chocolate mouse pie, just eat a slice.

   When it comes to raw food, I never measure my portions. When I am eating cooked food, I eat in moderation.

    When switching to a vegan regime, your taste buds will change and you will learn different signals to pay attention to about hunger, feeling full, and frequent snacking. I snack every day on a Hallelujah Acres cranberry orange snack bar in the morning with a cup of mint tea. In the afternoon I snack on a cranberry blast survival bar and my  mint tea again. I sweeten the tea with a packet of Stevia and I am satisfied. Occasionally I crave salt and so I snack on a whole grain pretzel snack or carrot sticks dipped in dijon mustard. Okay, I'm weird, but it's healthy and I like it.

    Please don't hesitate to ask specific questions as you eat your way to new health. I am so proud of you.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment