Sunday, January 15, 2012

What Will Others Think?

I recently discovered that some people eat foods that are bad for them because they don't want others to think they are being critical.

It goes like this. "If I don't eat the meat that my friend just served me, they will think that I am criticizing their diet. I don't want them to think that I don't like what they do. So I will eat what they give me for dinner and avoid that confrontation."

That doesn't work for me. That kind of going along with the crowd is peer pressure at it's finest. I will do what you do so you think I'm nice and just like you.

What will it take for us to have the courage to stand up for what we believe despite what others think or do? If I don't eat the steak you just gave me, I might say, this is not on my eating program. May I have some more vegetables instead?

I don't have to tell them that they are at risk for cancer or other disease. But I don't have to eat it.

Think about this and let me know how you handle this kind of pressure.




No comments:

Post a Comment