Saturday, January 7, 2012

I "Almost" Got Sick

   I have "almost" gotten sick a few times this year and I am so proud to report that in each case I never did get sick.

Let me explain.

First, just yesterday, I was sneezing in the morning and my nose was running. That was odd since I eat no dairy which promotes the production of mucous. I drank fresh orange juice and ate an organic blood orange. The sneezing stopped and my nose was clear and that was that. In an hour when my husband called to see how I was, I didn't remember what he was talking about. I was not sick.

Several times within the last year I have felt that I was about 2 seconds away from a urinary tract infection. Once I actually thought I had one. When I get busy, and I have been very busy, I forget to drink enough fluids which, in me, can cause a UTI.

In each case, the minute I could sense the condition coming on, I drank lots, made myself a raw cranberry salad with oranges, unsweetened shredded coconut, apples, oranges and maple syrup and probably ate more than I should have. Who cares? I did not get sick. The one time I thought I actually had a UTI, I followed this regime and could feel the infection subside within a few hours.

I never had to go to the doctor and I never took chemical medicine. I just ate God's medicine, healthy foods, and my body's immune system did the rest.

If you get sick frequently, colds, flu, UTI"s, pneumonia, sinus infection, headaches, those symptoms are warning signs to stop eating something that is compromising your immune system and to start eating foods that help your amazing body heal itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment