Monday, May 16, 2011

Eat Like A King

So How did I eat like a king this weekend?

I made one new recipe and repeated a few favorites. I take this transition to a new way of eating slowly. I want to master each new step before I take on another one.

The new recipe was Cinnamon buns. The recipe was developed by Jackie Graf and is you can ever take a cooking class with her, it's worth every penny. Check out: http://www.sproutrawfood.org/

I took a day long class with her two months ago and I am already trying to figure out when I can take another. She is extremely smart, gifted, creative, and she and her husband work well together as a team.

First, I made homemade milk using Brazil nuts as a base. You soak approximately 2 1/2 coups of Brazil nuts in filtered water for about 4 hours. Drain, then put in a blender that can grind grain or other grinding device.Pour the mixture into a nut bag. (I bought one at a special cooking class.) The  squeeze the liquid out into a bowl or pitcher and, voila, you have nut milk.

I used the nut milk in my morning smoothie and teccino. I used the nut pulp to make some really divine "cinnamon rolls." Ok, they don't resemble Cinnabon in calories or unhealthiness. These are delicious and have only healthy ingredients. I made enough to keep in a plastic container in the fridge for a week. We take a few out at a time, reheat in the dehydrator, and enjoy with a cup of teeccino or a cup of tea made with fresh peppermint and stevia leaves from out tiny herb garden.

If you want to start a library of really useful cookbooks, buy one of Jackie's. Just work on doing one a week and in a few months you will have mastered a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment