Saturday, May 14, 2011

How Much Food is a Meal?

We eat a lot of food in the US. I know I used to, especially when I was pregnant and for about 10 years following that. I was eating a lot when I was pregnant because I was always starving. I ate a lot after each birth because I had developed the habit of eating a lot.

Now the basic slogan I follow is: "Eat like a pauper during the week and like a king on the weekends."

Why? Because more than that is too many calories and too much food!

So, it's the weekend and what have I eaten today? For breakfast first I had some Barley Max in some water and then I worked out at the gym. When I came home, I ate some fresh organic fruit: an orange and a pear.
I just wasn't hungry for more than that.

I did some errands and for lunch I had a "blended salad", sort of a raw soup I make in the blender with lots of veggies and my dressing of choice: Udo's oil, Dijon mustard, and water. I enjoyed it with some of  Mary's Gone crackers. I like them as much for the name as for the taste.

We just had "tea" with no tea but hazelnut teccino, a coffee substitute with cinnamon, stevia, and almond milk and a toasted piece of sesame Ezekiel bread smeared with organic raw honey and sugarless raspberry spread.

Later we plan on having zucchini noodles and some kind of sauce, but I'm so full now that I can't imagine being really hungry later.

I am not hungry because I am eating foods that nourish my body. So I don't crave more.

That's the secret. When you are hungry all day long, that's a big clue you eating the wrong foods, foods that satisfy your mind, not your body.

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment