Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Small Steps

Yesterday I had 2 friends over for lunch because they wanted to know more about how and why I eat the way I do. I reminded myself to go slowly. It seems overwhelming when anyone is trying to reevaluate something that has been such an unconscious and yet important part of their lives, like eating!

Here's what we had:
  • lots of organic field greens
  • organic raw asparagus, about 4 inches of each spear
  • tomato chunks
  • avocado slices
  • toasted sesame Ezekiel bread with raw almond butter
At their request, I made a salad dressing with Udo's oil, aged Balsalmic vinegar, and some fresh Greek oregano from my garden.

I also made broccoli slaw using the pre-made slivers of broccoli stalks and carrots from the grocery store. To it, we added some diced onion and Vegenaise with the yellow label. That's the kind made with olive oil.

I served water with lunch and after lunch I brewed Hazelnut Teeccino and they loved it, instead of coffee. They had 2 cups each! We sweetened it with Stevia and added some almond milk to lighten the dark color.

Then for dessert we munched on carob spirolina, some dried unsulphured apricots and a vegan chocolate chip walnut cookie.

I also used my spiral noodle maker to demonstrate making noddles from squash, zucchini, sweet potato and other vegetables and gave then a little baggie of what I sliced to take home for dinner. 

Not a perfect vegan meal, maybe too many calories, but delicious and a good introduction to how to eat quickly from your refrigerator and pantry on healthy foods.

Afterwards, I showed then a 10 minute DVD "Pastor to Pastor" with compelling testimonies from pastors who finally  understand that prayer plus dietary changes are what heals disease.

If you want the DVD, order it from www.hacres.com  Remember I'm your health minister and my Pin # is FTP.

No comments:

Post a Comment