Saturday, May 28, 2011

Healthy Eating on the Road

It requires a little thought but you can eat healthy on the road. Driving from Florida to Virginia yesterday, here's how I managed it.

First, I brought some fruit and my Barley Max in the car. That got me by for a little while.

My husband did  most of the driving so when he suggested Denny's for breakfast, I didn't have the heart to say no. I ordered a fruit cup which was grapes, strawsberries and cantelope. Then I ordered the veggie omelet, hold the eggs. I got a small bowl of sauteed veggies. I had a cup of herbal tea and that was breakfast.

I snacked in the car on some dried unsulphured apricots and dried figs.

For lunch we went to Subway and I ordered the veggie delite, hold the cheese, on the multi-grain wheat bread. I asked for extra spinach and got it, on a foot long, for $5.

For dinner we went to Taco Bell. I ordered 2 crispy tacos with beans, rice, tomato, onion, and guacamole and they were delicious.

So I did it!

It can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment