Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pack Your Lunch

I've been working all week away from my home and so I decided to pack my lunch instead of coming home at noon. I only live 3 miles each way, but the rush of driving and eating and watching the clock made me think it would be worth the effort to pack my lunch.

Here's what I pack:
  • First, there is the main course, a big salad in a plastic container with chopped lettuce, onion, tomato, avocado, grated cucumber, grated raw beet, chopped celery and walnuts. Then I mix a dressing to go over with Udo's oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and some water. It is delicious.
  • I always pack a baggie of peppermint leaves, picked in the early morning from my garden. Then for a few cups of tea, I pour hot water over the leaves with a packet of Stevia.
  • For snacks, and I love to snack throughout the day, I put the following in baggies: dried apple slices, dried unsulphured apricots, a chunk of carob spirolina
  • I also bring one Living Food bar from www.hacres.com  - I like the orange cranberry one. If it's a little hard, I dip it in the tea
  • Today I packed a raw orange pepper which I eat like an apple. Cute:)
It takes about 10-12 minutes to make this and pack it and it's worth it. I have a sense of security at work that I don't have to wonder what I'll eat.

Try it and let me know how it works for you. You will also be saving money and improving your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment