Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hair Loss

I was losing my hair. I used to have mounds of thick, wiry, wavy hair and every morning, I would gently arrange my hair and many hairs would fall out.

I started taking 5000 mg of biotin every day. Sure it makes hair regrow, also your finger and toenails, and facial hair. I'm a woman! Not good.

But I kept asking questions and Olin Idol at Hallelujah acres responded to my question about the relationship to iodine deficiency, low thyroid and hair loss. He said that his research shows that maybe, as much as 70% of the population has thyroid problems and the standard medical tests can miss the problem for as long as 20 years. He also said that no harm would be done by my taking the supplement. (He's a very knowledgeable researcher.)

Because I don't use iodized salt in my diet, (the chemicals that process it are harmful), I get my iodine from other sources: kelp and other sea vegetables, mostly freeze dried that I shake onto salads for flavor. When I remember to do it.

I've started taking one drop of Iosol, an iodine supplement, in about 2 ounces of water daily. The bottle will last for 2 1/2 years at this rate! And I've noticed a difference. Less hair is falling out and there is lots of regrowth where I want it, on the top of my head. No more places where the scalp shines through.

I'm being honest here to help someone else. No pride about it. I am most motivated when I can help someone else. That's what makes me tick.

If you want to order the Iosol from www.hacres.com remember that I'm your Health Minister and my Pin # is FTP. Thanks for letting me help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment