Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fast Food from Refrigerator

I love discovering new recipes that fill me up, are delicious and easy.

Here's what I had for lunch. I took a collard green leaf, had some in the fridge from the food coop delivery last week.

I trimmed the spine in the back for easier folding. Thank you Violeta, for that trick.

Then I filled it with grated raw beet, some mashed black beans, some celery, some of Bubbies sauerkraut (it's a probiotic food, like yogurt without the dairy), some Dijon mustard, rolled it up and chowed down. It's sort of a vegan hot dog. (I could have put the ingredients into a food processor to mash everything and then shape it into a hot dog, but I didn't want to bother.)

I followed it up with mint tea. I just boil water in my electric teapot, no microwave for me. Then I pick some mint tea leaves from those growing outside my house (please don't tell the gated community grounds police) and put them in a china teapot with a packet of Stevia. Steep for a few minutes and drink to the last drop. It's delicious and is good for digestion.

I had some leftover vegan cookies from Loves Health Food store in Ormond Beach.

And that was my healthy, fast food lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can make your own cultured sauerkraut, pickles, beets and more in just 4 days? I use a Perfect Pickler and have them available at my classes when I teach a cultured food class! Let me know if you want more information! It's fun, healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete